Rockwell Automation Process HMI Style Guide
Rockwell Automation recently released a new white paper that provides guidelines for HMI design and implementation that are aligned with the industry standard. The guidelines apply to general HMI development, but it was written with FactoryTalk View SE and PlantPAx System applications in mind. This complements Rockwell Automation’s publication PROCES-WP016 (Human Machine Interfaces for Distributed Control Systems) which covers important principles for designing HMI based on the industry standard ANSI/ISA-101.01-2015 (Human Machine Interfaces for Process Automation).
ISA 101.01 defines specifics of the HMI design process: an HMI philosophy, HMI style guide, and HMI toolkit.
- The HMI philosophy provides independent or platform-specific guiding principles for HMI design at your plant.
- The HMI style guide uses the guiding principles and concepts that are defined by the HMI philosophy to provide implementation and guidance.
- The HMI toolkit includes platform-specific graphical systems and HMI elements that can be used to implement the HMI style guide.
- Human Machine Interfaces for Distributed Control Systems – January 2016
- Rockwell Automation Process HMI Style Guide – May 2019
- ISA.org ISA101 Standards Webpage
- FactoryTalk View SE
- FactoryTalk View ME
Want to Learn More?
The Reynolds Company hosted a User Group seminar in May 2019 that gave an overview of the ISA101 standard, and how FactoryTalk View SE Version 11 has new features to help you use that standard.
Visit our User Group archive page, or watch the recorded session below.
Looking for more information?
Contact your local automation specialist or account manager at The Reynolds Company to discuss your automation applications.